Job Role – Combustions Expert
Babwe Barton is looking for an individual to join our Fuel Systems Development Team in a full-time capacity. The chosen candidate will be expected to assist in various analytical and development testing of both the fuel and combustion systems currently under development.
This work will require the individual to perform various tests for efficiency and material fatigue, including but not limited to calorimetry, combustion efficiency, corrosion and production testing of systems. The role will also include collaborative work with our academic partners in terms of product manufacture and analytical evaluation. The ability to work independently and collaboratively in communicating, designing, and testing critical
components of the overall systems is essential.
Skills and Experience
● PhD or equivalent laboratory/field testing experience in combustion reactions and/or nanomaterial synthesis and characterisation.
● Must be able to work independently, and in a team.
● Project manage and maintain time constraints.
● Experienced / background in Thermodynamics / Kinetics / Electrochemistry is desirable but not essential.
● Laboratory/Industry experienced including testing with high temperature and highpressure systems.
● Capable of Matlab Scripting for data processing is desired.
● CAD experience is desirable but not essential.
We are looking for an outgoing and sociable individual who is up to the challenge of working under pressure in a demanding but rewarding environment. They need to be a flexible team player who is also capable of working under their own initiative and who will make a fresh and positive contribution to the support team. Proven communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to take ownership of problems and a desire to learn and develop skills using their own initiative are required.